Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Redo:

This is why I love decorating blogs!!! They just inspire me! (and they keep me from stalking Perez Hilton's blog)
I just had this urge to change the mantel..... this is what I came up with!

Before:


After:


More simple... more elegant....




Before:

After:










Comments anyone? Which do you like better??

7 comments:

Jodie said...

love it i think better

Sarah said...

I LOVE the kids photo's on the red wall and I think the mirror looks great above the fireplace. You do such an amazing job decorating. I love all your ideas.

Unknown said...

I think the after is a little more current, really cool. I really like the mirror on the mantle. Come do my house. I have a whole wall in my dining room that is blank, I have no idea what to do.

Sally said...

I know I already saw it in person and told you I loved it, but I have to say it again! I totally *love* it! The mirror looks beautiful over the mantle and I love the focus on your kids sweet faces upon walking in the door! So precious!

Lowdens said...

First of all, Love the new blog look!!! Second, I love the 3 pictures across. I do like the mirror on the mantle HOWEVER, (I am drawing a blank on his name) But designer guy on Oprah, Nate yeah Nate says that if a mirror is on something it should be reflecting something that you want to be seen twice. So if it is of your ceiling, prob not a good place. I know, deep thought and I cannot tell what yours is but thought I would add my 2 cents :) You do do a wonderful job decorating!!!! I need to dive into my bonus room but who has time?

Mama Nirvana said...

I love it all! I actually had to totally forsake Perez because I realized that is where I have been getting all of my viruses. You are so talented, Holly. Come decorate my house, please.

Kiran said...

To use a line from Perez... I 'm glad you took down those craptastic side by side paintings. (Now will you politeley send them to me)...
It looks amazing! I do love where you put the mirror.