Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Decor

I love to decorate, and I love decorating for Christmas even more!!! I have bins and bins of decor, probably because a lot of the decorations have been B-day gifts, and many of them have really wonderful memories for me.

I have a fisherman ornament from San Fransisco, when we saw Anthony Robbins. I have a Santa ornament riding a dolphin from when my husband and I were in Maui for our first time. I have some white glass deer from my Grandmother for Brian and mine first Christmas together. A white tin angel I won at a Bunco group when I lived in Sherwood. I can't even count the number of lighthouses I have..... the list goes on.

This post is mostly for myself (memories), my sisters and my mom..... so if it seems a tad to obsessive please disregard. Since it is likely my sisters will not be able to see my house this season, I wanted them to be able to see some pics!

The finished product:


Some closer detail.


With the lights on.





Collection of large glass ornaments (too nice and delicate to put on the tree where children can destroy them :)










A wreathe my mom made me two years ago. One of my favorites.



The deer from Gram.




Stockings above reach from being pulled down and being hit on the head with a letter.....just a hypothetical. Well not really.



Brian likes to call these my Meier and Frank department store stars. He laughs at the size.




5 comments:

Kiran said...

WOW, so soft and beautiful. I wish I could pay you to fly down and do mine. You really are so talented, and the posts dedicated to me, Hill, and Mom are my fav!

Unknown said...

Wow, I really need to raise my game. I'll take more photos tonight. Everything looks great, where did you put your gold garland that we got at Michaels?

JAG said...

The garland is on the tree...the pics of the tree definitely did not do it justice!!

Lowdens said...

Wowzers, you should come see mine. I took out my Christmas stuff, well Sean got the boxes down, the kids rumaged through them and got what the liked and put it places, I grabbed a few things and there you have it. This is a bum year for the Lowden decor :)

Jodie said...

Beautiful! I sound more like Steph this year. I hate all my decor i need to just start over!