Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Some Afters

You may ask what I'm going to do with this eight foot piece of galvanized steel....well I had a plan!

I've been dying to redo Jake's room since Avery moved out to share a room with Grace. Well this last weekend it was finally the time! I had seen this idea of putting metal on the wall from "Tater Tots and Jello" blog and thought I could do this!


A before....

Holes spackled from the old cloud shelves.


Jake was inspecting. Things got a whole lot messier before they got better. Isn't that always the way.


Jake helping with the paint. I think I was hyperventilating the whole time he had the paint brush in his hand. But I couldn't not let him help paint his own room. Thankfully, his friends were playing outside and he tired of it really soon.




Some of the Afters. The magnetic board.



Jake's proud expression on his bed. I still have a bookcase to paint blue for his bedroom, but that will take a few weeks and I wanted to get these on here.



Jake loves his new room.


Magnetic!!! And even a place to store little lego guys.



And here are a few of the finished office. I've already done some before and afters of this, these are just some finishing touches.

The entrance:



Still need some curtains. Haven't found the perfect one's yet.



My new peg board. I recovered Jake's old one with my fave fabric.



Shelving left over from our built in by the fireplace. I just bought some 8$ brackets from Home Depot and painted them white.



Another shot of the whole room.


I'm sitting in that chair right now listening to Kid Cudi and Mazzy Star on Itunes. And I can't even tell you how much I love this space!

8 comments:

Mama Nirvana said...

Wow! Did you hang the metal yourself? Looks awesome. So when are you coming over to sew curtains?

Amy

Kiran said...

I had high expectations and this EXCEEDED them. WOW, it looks amazing. I love that its in the middle of the wall. Your office is pure lovliness!

Unknown said...

Wow, you should do this for a living

Sarah said...

I love his room!!! What a great idea, you are so creative.

Anonymous said...

mom said: I loved the Jake's room too. Jakes room is rally growing with him. Gone from stuffed animals and clouds to metalic- post- it -with- magnets board. I have some fabric you might like for curtains in the office. oooxoxox mom

Lowdens said...

You are an amazing mom to let Jake help. I don't care who's room it is, mama doesn't need anyone's help :) And you didn't even have a sheet or tarp down, AMAZING! It looks great.
Love the office too. I can't quite tell what the shelf is, the left over molding, but it's so cool that you can put things on there. Love Love Love it.
I was thinking the other day that honestly I haven't done anything to my house in months. I went up to the mall the other night with my mom and walked through Pottery Barn, looked at some cool things then looked at their prices and felt sad that I couldn't get it...this is why I stay away from the mall, it makes me sad that is probably why I took some decorating time off, ugh!

Brittany said...

Seriously you never cease to amazing me. You have fabulous decorating skills! I love Jakes magnetic board and the office is simply gorgeous. :) BTW Jake is getting so big... he's a very handsome kid!

Sarah said...

Both rooms look amazing. I am so jealous of your talent.