Tuesday, September 15, 2009

To Music....Oaks Amusement Park

Sorry for the original post with no words.... I had just finished completing the blog, when my computer froze and all my commentary was lost. So I begin again.

With two of the three being in full time school, I now have a little more uninterrupted time to do many things, one of which is going to be working on my blog/journal. I wanted to include some of the things we did over the summer.....

Yes, I finally did it. Took the kids to Oaks Amusement Park! I haven't been here in years, in fact the last time I was here I didn't even have kids! I was working at an elementary after school program while I was finishing up my degree. This is where I met Nell, one of my longest and dearest friends in Oregon. We met her and Leslie, another longtime friend, at the park at the end of this summer. At the risk of sounding cheesy, it's kind of amazing to see how far we've come from those days of working at Duniway..... Husbands, Kids, Houses, Degrees (Nell's a Masters) and pets.

It's such an interesting feeling to see your children playing with you friend's children. It made me feel a tad old, but also really accomplished. In any event, everyone had a really good time.

All the kids, minus Allyssa (in the front pack) on the Frog Hopper. Their height restrictions were somewhat, oh how do I say this, ambiguous?




My two year old 25 feet in the air with only a little bar holding her in place.... what kind of mother am I?


Ella, Madelyn, Avery and Grace with Smokey


Chandler was an old pro at the roller coaster and showed Jake the ropes around the park.



This little funny mirror seriously kept them entertained for 30 minutes.





This will have to do....as we do not have Disneyland planned for a few more years:) Although Kiran says that's overrated too.



4 comments:

Kiran said...

Holly why aren't you on any of these rides? Looks like mucho fun, was that before school started?

Kiran said...

I stand by this statement: disneyland is overrated. its kindof grubby and run down, not what they show in the magical commercials.

Jodie said...

That is good to know about Disney...makes me feel less guilty for not taking my kids there! I love the first couple pics and I couldn't believe it when I clicked on it to make it bigger and Saw Miss GRACE on there!

Elaine said...

Thanks so much for your comment on my blog!!! These are such great pictures! Makes me want to have kids soon... :) or go to an amusement park! :D