Tuesday, September 8, 2009

And So It Begins...

Two kids in full time school!!! Can hardly believe it.

Avery in 1st grade with Mrs. Kluver (Jake's teacher from last year) and Jake in 2nd grade with Ms. Kelly. I think it's gonna be a great year with great teachers and fun friends in their classes.

Asked Jake to put his arm around his sister for the picture, and he actually did it !!!!!! I can only imagine how Avery felt. She idolizes her older brother (when he's not being mean to her)


1st day of school outfit. Brown dress and pink leggings. She wanted to wear a sweat suite..... I vetoed it!


One more arm picture.


Jake's 1st day of school Mario shirt. Gaynea Shirli made it for him and he was so proud to wear it.


The backpack shot.


Grace also wanted a picture taken before we walked to school.



The cutest fairy shirts and striped skirts my mom embellished. The girls got so many compliments on them! Great back to school outfits for the future.


Mom made the trip down to give them their school clothes and go to get Avery's hair cut.



I was almost giddy with excitement.....got the kids to school and soooo much that I could accomplish with sooo much time. We went to Ray's fruit stand, came home to put groceries away, and Grace knocked over the bar stool and broke it in half. Guess that I will be fixing a chair today. So much for an unplanned day.... but even that couldn't kill the mood :)
Now with a little extra time, will be updating the blog from more of our summer fun adventures.

7 comments:

Kiran said...

The excitement is radiating through the computer. I just love these pics, Grace is getting so big. Jake and Avery's first day outfits were faboosh.

Sarah said...

I still can't believe that our girls are in the first grade.
Cute pictures.

Mama Nirvana said...

So jealous that Avery was born a month earlier than John :( He is so ready to be gone all day.

Look forward to more posts!

Sally said...

Awww... love Jake with his arm around Avery... so cute!

Jodie said...

Have i told you how happy it makes me that your doing this blog...I love your kids. Avery is cracking me up...sweats/vetoed by mom so funny!:)! Not to mention her sweet little face with Jakes arm around her! Love it!

Unknown said...

Omg your kids are adorable! My goddaughter's name is Avery. This is too cute ;)

Kjrsten said...

OHhhh so cute! love the name avery, that was my G.pa's name and always dreamed of naming my daughter that, until my cousin beat me to it! :) Thanks for your comments on my blog Holly, and for all your support of the cute day!

stay cute!
xo
kjrsten