Sunday, September 13, 2009

Go Pink Lightning, Go Titans

Not a bad way to start out the season!!

Pink lightning's record: 1-0!

Titan's record: 1-0!

I generally hate talking about the weather....but it was just sunny and beautiful for the games. Avery had a 8:30am game and Jake's not till 10:50... What else to do with an hour to kill in between games?? McDonalds Breakfast of course. I generally am not a fan of McDonalds.....but their breakfast menu is to die for... The sausage McGriddle.

Might I digress, I was talking about Soccer right?

This is Avery's first year to play on a Soccer team and she is just the cutest. Those 6-8 year old girls can really be aggressive. She's smack in the middle of the picture.



Avery especially fond of the number six, she's six you know.


She did have a brief moment of acting like a dog (only the top paws) but then shortly got into the game. She blocked three or four goals!! And wasn't the least bit scared of the ball.


Running in for water.


Pep talk from Coach Emily



Jake, the seasoned soccer player, is excited to be on a team with a few of his good friends. Brian helped coach his side of the field and Jake scored one goal. That kid is such a hustler!!





Squaring up on the ball.


Max, Kelvin, and Jake...




Two kids in sports....... I think I will encourage Grace to be a TV watcher??

5 comments:

Hansens said...

Your kids are so cool. I wish we lived closer.

Mama Nirvana said...

Funny, I love McD's breakfasts too (sausage mcmuffin), but find the daytime menu pretty disgusting. Your kids are so cute in their uniforms, but I'm feeling relieved that I "forgot" to sign John up for soccer this year.

Amy

Chris Kauffman said...

I totally see how this one child's allergy seems to have caused an excessive reaction creating a peanut free school , but most cases of death for these children is "trace" amounts of the allergen , the school is just trying to provide the safest possible environment , trace amounts can be left behind on door knobs , books , fountains ,kids are not known for being the tidiest, can you imagine if 300 of those kids brought peanut butter sandwiches to school daily , keeping that one child safe would be a nightmare ,no one wants to be faced with saving a childs life during school hours , and most likely there will be more kids coming into the school with peanut allergies , if it was your child or your friends child you would want the same precautions , I don't think it is excessive but the adminstators should be commended to taking such a proactive role , bravo
thanks for your comment ,
Chris

Anonymous said...

How do you like my new blogger account

Brittany said...

LOVE McDonalds breakfasts too!

Having kids in sports is so time consuming! We have practice 3 nights a week for 1 1/2 hours and two games on Saturdays. It's craziness, but the boys love it! Can't believe how big your kids are!