To celebrate today, my mom, sister Hill, Me and a friend of my moms are walking over the Glen Jackson Bridge (I 205). We will start on the Oregon side, walk to Washington over the Columbia River, turn around and walk back. It should be just under 5 miles.
What a way to celebrate !!!
I thought it would be fun to List 60 things I love about my mom so here goes:
1 She love to read. 2 She Keeps a faithful journal. 3. She loves her kids. 4. Rare have a heard an ill word come out of her mouth! 5. She loves my Dad. 6. She is an avid walker. 7. She has done Yoga. 8. She loves Sushi. 9. She can sew. 10. She honored her parents. 11. She is a talented artist. 12. She loves doing art with my kids. 13. She loves cooking with my kids. 14. She always sends my kids letters. 14. She is fashionable. 15. She goes to church. 16. She speaks and studies Hebrew. 15. She loves frogs and snakes. 16. She can decorate. 17. And has great taste. 18. I have only heard her swear twice in my life, and once was on purpose. 19. She has beautiful, unique rings. 20. She loves to go on car rides with my Dad. 21. She learned to ride a motorcycle with my Dad. 22. She is generous. 23. She makes a great vegetable, bean salad among many other things. 24. She was a tremendous support to me in High school, when I was going through a very difficult time. 25. She likes to play sports with my children. 26. She encourages curiosity and learning. 27. She is kind to all of the in-laws in the family. 28. She loves to shop. 29. She has been walking with friends for about 20 years. 30. She is a wonderful teacher. 31. She is supportive grandmother. 32. She doesn't criticize her children's parenting skills. 33. She always help do the dishes when she is over. 34. She stayed with my kids when Bri and I went to Hawaii. 35. She buys name brand sugar cereals for the grand kids when she comes to visit. 36. She love missionary work. 37. She feeds the missionaries. 38. She values education. 39. She helped pay for mine (which I really think has helped me be able to stay home and be with my children, ie no student loans.). 40. She is fun. 41. She doesn't complain about the messes her grandchildren make when they are at her house. 42. She makes my dad breakfast every morning and knows what he likes. 43. She makes great low fat desserts. 44. She loves beautiful surroundings. 45. She has continued to learn and get smart. 46. She laughs and is happy a lot. 47. She is frugal and yet generous. 48. She doesn't have fake nails. 49. She asks questions instead of critiques. 50. She eats dinner leftovers for breakfast a lot. 51. She taught my children to love brown rice and peanut butter. 52. She loves to catch wild animals with my children. 53. She is unique. 54. She is a great example of a wonderful, supportive wife. 55. She always tells her kids how beautiful they are. 56. She eats healthy. 57. She is not afraid to try new things. 58. She doesn't need a real cut Christmas tree, fake is fine, and in fact beautiful. 59. She loves my husband. 60. She is beautiful in so many ways.
I'm sure I could go on.
I KNOW I am blessed!
Happy Birthday to a Class Act. I LOVE YOU!
5 comments:
That was lovely! Im sure shes just as proud:)
Love's it did you drink a rockstar before you busted out this rad list? Kuddos for that! Love you MOM.
kIRAN
Very nice! I may have to copy that and give it to my mom for her 60th, minus the church and hebrew part ha ha J/K
Great post, I am going to have to raise my blogging game if I am going to remain in the will.
PS - I realized there are two 14's...so I guess that is one for next year too!
Post a Comment