Sunday, October 18, 2009

13.1

The Girlfriends Half Marathon. That's right 13.1 miles. Number 507. Finished today in 2 hours and 20 minutes (roughly, haven't gotten the actual time yet).

This is the last picture after the race. Brian got me a trophy. He has really been incredibly supportive through my training.



The starting line. Along the course there are motivation signs encouraging you.


My friend Emily and I before the race. This is our second year doing the race together, and hopefully not our last. There were women in their 60's running this. I wonder if that will be me? I should say, I hope that will be me.


My Mom and Dad came early to see me off the Start Line. Their support always gives me a boost.


My Mom and I having the annual tearful moment before the race. I seem to start this race off with tears in my eyes.



Bri helped all the kids make signs to cheer me on.

Avery's chalk sign.


Priceless. She was picking her nose and scowling when I jogged by. Made me laugh.



After the race. Super tired, sore quads, and burning feet (which turned out to be dime size blisters, guess the shoes were not completely worn in)


I still feel like a champion! A sore one....









6 comments:

Hansens said...

You are now my American Idol. I can't even run 3 minutes. WOW!!! 2 hours!! AMAZING. Great job.. I am so impressed.

Sarah said...

YOU ROCK!!! Great job Holly!!

Mama Nirvana said...

How can you possibly look so gorgeous after finishing a race? Congratulations!!!

Amy

Sally said...

*awesome* job Holly!

Maggie Singleton said...

yeah!!! So proud of you! i will run this one day with you...PROMISE!!!

Lowdens said...

Great job! I ran on the treadmill for 3 min today :) and walked 57 min :)