For Avery's 6th Birthday she really wanted a horseback riding party. Well for their Birthdays, I really like to be the dream-maker....... So we made it happen. Avery had been to Haven of Hope Horse Ranch for a preschool field trip and at that time they had mentioned that they did Birthday parties. Well I stored that away, and called them to see if we could celebrate Avery's Birthday with them.
I was only slightly uncomfortable letting the kids parents know they would need to sign liability waivers :)
Avery invited 6 close friends and cousins. There is such a magic when children get around animals, and this was no exception. The kids were all able to ride the horses, pet them, feed them and even paint them (more on that later).I think this will be a memorable 6th Birthday for an amazing 6 year old.
All the girls got their pictures taken meeting 'Dutch'.
They had the choice to ride Dutch or Ichabod (he was HUGE)
Painting the horses. I think all the adults there were a little surprised by this. What would PETA say?
But when the party was over, all the kids just kept talking about how they were able to paint a horse! Ichabod is pictured below.
Helmets required!
I think I was the only one with flip-flops.... As Bri would say, " Only Holly".
All the children: Grace C., Grace G., Eli, Jake, Lucy, Gretchen, Rachel, Emma, Avery, and Caitlyn. And Ichabod the horse.
Horse cupcakes with Skittle apples.
And because my parents were not going to be able to be at the Horse party, we had a second party (which was actually first) celebrating Max and Avery's August Birthdays.
Avery got a Ipod shuffle. It was on sale and I will tell you some of the best money I ever spent. She loves to listen to music and sing along. It is really priceless. And only a little sad that her two year old sister wants one too!
Hillary helped me to snap this shot. I love her face.
5 comments:
What fun! I think we are doing a wizards and dragon party for John's birthday next month. Maybe I can find a dragon farm where they all can ride??? You got some great pictures, Holly, for some wonderful memories.
Amy
Great photos. What are you going to do for Avery's 7th birthday party. If you keep this up you are going to be on that show "My super sweet 16". Just kidding. You are a really great Mom. Although, I have to be honest you would make for great rality television
What a great party! I love/hate birthday parties for my kids but it's so fun to make them happy!
And are you wearing a scarf in a barn in Aug? HOT HOT!
We are FLying up next Year...thats all Im gonna say!
Love the gold fish cake! Never seen one of those, it looks great! (My twins turn 6 this week. I'm making a mint chocolate chip ice cream cake. Mmmm.)
Post a Comment