Sunday, August 16, 2009

What I did this Weekend

On the way back from an early morning Saturday run, I ran past a garage sale just opening. I spotted this table from half a block away....took a turn and asked the lady to hold it for a little while. It was only 5$!!!!! I love it.

I've been reading this great, inspiring blog, called Just beachy. It's on the right column of this page. This woman is amazing. She builds, designs, and envisions beautiful coastal inspired things (with a eye for a good deal to boot). It inspired me to 'redo' my nightstand area. I'm just sad I took no "before" pictures because it really looks 10x better! There used to be a teeny nightstand and a huge book shelf, with books that I had already read. Well I enlisted Jake and we carried all the books and shelf down to the extra bedroom.

It really opens up the space and makes it look so much more simple and a little coastal too.



A cute little drawer. I found an old book called the "Yellow Wallpaper". A short story I read in a Women's Studies course in college. I stuck the book in the drawer and am going to re-read it soon. Hill and Kir, Look it up. I would be curious of your thoughts on the book.

Note all the Coastal Living Mags stacked. That is probably only a quarter of the ones I own. It is one of my absolute faves.

With the huge book shelf gone, I could actually see out the right window. I pulled the curtain open at dusk and could see a beautiful pink sunset sky.


PS - My room always looks like this! jk

3 comments:

Jodie said...

Oh my gosh...5 bucks! Seriously Im missing my garage sales sooooo bad! I have linked onto that blog and I love it too. It is inspiring! Your room looks beautiful and again the blue walls perfect! When I paint I will be calling for the color!

Hansens said...

I love the color of your room. Could you repaint my house in that color.

Mama Nirvana said...

How lovely -- it looks just like you!

Amy