Sunday, June 14, 2009

Talent

My Grandmother was an incredibly talented, smart woman. There are many days that I wish she was here so I could get her opinion on something. She had impeccable taste. She wore her long hair in a bun for years (who knows, maybe that's where I get my love of long hair). She canned fruit and baked the best bread. She would make baked bread in the shape of turtles for us kids when we visited her in Boise, ID in the summers.

My mother has many of her paintings and furnishings in her house. Since my parent's move down to Vancouver, we have been 'discovering' many more of her creations. My sister has re-framed many works of hers and has them in her house. They look amazing. I saw these at Hill's on Sat night and told her that I just loved them. She said I was more than welcome to take them home.

On the back of the paintings they say Class of 1933. I think they are just timeless. They remind me of her so much. I'm grateful for her, for her strenghth and for her talents.







2 comments:

Mama Nirvana said...

How wonderful to be able to put things in your home that remind you of your grandmother. They are just beautiful.

Amy

Kiran said...

Too cool- I think divine desighn would be all over this masterpiece. G Brownfield was really amazing. Thanks for the post.