Sunday, September 30, 2012

We Ran Over The Columbia River

One of the best races I've ever done!  Blue skies, no wind, great music, great people, and beautiful scenery!  I run 5 miles usually 3 to 4 times a week, so I wasn't nervous about finishing.... a new feeling for me.  I was just excited, so much so that I decided to put my camera in my running belt and just snap pics along the way.  So glad I did. 

At the beginning of the race we were waiting for buses to take us over the bridge to the Washington side to start.



 The view from the bus of the Sun coming up.

 Starting over the bridge on the Washington side.
 Emily

 This guy walked the whole race on stilts....  would have felt bad if he had beaten me.

 I got to the top of the bridge and waited for a minute for Brian to get a picture with him.
 At the top.
 A look back at what we had just come over..... we still had over a mile to go.
 After:
Still high from that experience.  Thinking of all the people I would love to be able to join us next year....

2 comments:

Jodie said...

How Cool and beautiful!! Im jealous. Good job to both of you! :)

Hansens said...

Great Job Guys!!! I couldn't run a mile to save my life! So proud of you both!