Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Befores and Afters

Avery has been wearing glasses for almost 7 years! She's one of the most responsible kids I know. She started asking about getting contacts last year. Her original ped ophthalmology totally nix it, "absolutely not, she's not old enough". I wanted to just try, and the answer was still NO.

Before:



A couple months later Brian saw an eye doctor here in town and told him about Avery and her wanting to try contacts. He said absolutely! We went in for an apt and guess what, she got fitted for her first pair of contacts.

After: (with her Ophthalmologist)



The first time she put them in she said, "Mom, this is AMAZING! I can see out of the corner of my eye now. " Before with her glasses, she had little peripheral vision. When she said this it almost brought tears to my eyes.






She can totally put them in and take them out by herself! It's a game changer people! No more glasses getting shoved into her nose when she wrestles around with her siblings. No more glasses falling off her face when she goes down the slide and steps on them when she lands..... the list goes on and on. I'm just really excited for her and grateful for her Dr giving her this opportunity.







4 comments:

Jodie said...

How exciting! I am so happy for her and you! Yeah!

Mama Nirvana said...

That is just wonderful!!! Congratulations!

Hansens said...

She was always cute, but now she's just getting pretty.

Brittany said...

What a beautiful little lady! She is growing up so fast!