Monday, September 5, 2011

The Last Day of Summer

To celebrate the last night of summer the kids were invited to a back yard fire, to roast marshmallows, make smores, and a read Harry Potter under the stars.


This was their invitation in the morning:


Before we started reading though, I made them tell me some of their highlights from the summer:




Disneyland (this happened in May before school got out)

Playing at the Beach with Friends

Our friends from Texas coming to visit

Playing outside in our yard with neighborhood friends

Swimming in our friend's pool

Camping (jake's)

The Cousins

Going to the cabin

Going to the fountains


I really did have a fun summer and for the first time am starting to feel like this childhood phase (the phase that has been my life for the last 10 years) of parks and fountains and meeting friends for lunch is almost over.... I caught a glimpse of them getting older, and not wanting to hang out with their mom. I had a twinge of sadness on this night. The night was warm, the stars were out, there was no sand in our smores.... I tried to soak it in.















Grace and her baby Elizabeth.







No comments: