Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer Time

Father's Day weekend at the coast.





Hiking it down to the sand for the sunset. June in the Summer time at the Oregon Coast calls for anything from winter coats to swim suits. We experienced both that weekend.





Avery is not in any of the pics from the first night. She had a pretty close call with the waves last time she was at the beach and had no desire to get close to them initially....





Sunset at about 8:45 at night:


Jake found one of the biggest agates I have ever seen. Just a little smaller than a golf ball. It's sitting on my desk now.


Surfers in Oceanside.







And the BEST part: Notice I am sitting, relaxing and enjoying the view. At that moment there was no place I would rather have been!






I took this picture to note my toes and position. I watched sitting in a chair as the kids and Brian worked away.....



The view from the cabin. There were a lot of para-gliders going off Maxwell Mountain above the cabin.



And lastly on our ride home, guess who is under her blanket.



And you can tell by the look on her face, her mood..... Brian and I laughed about that one for a good while, which only made her mood worse, but we didn't care.

2 comments:

Hansens said...

I love the photo of Grace, priceless!

Kiran said...

Looks like a wonderful time! You look so pretty, I want to look just like you when I grow up! Love the wide brim hat. I thought about moving to the beach, after this post: Done!