Wednesday, November 4, 2009

With only 15 minutes...

Question: What do you do if you only have a few minutes at the end of the night.....but really feel like doing something creative?



Answer: Cover a picture matte with leftover fabric with a glue gun!







Avery and I were going through some school work of the kids that I have saved over the years and I found this silhouette of her from Preschool. I thought it was just precious. You can see the rims of her glasses in it. I really wanted to find a frame to put it in. As luck would have it, I had this huge frame (sitting on the side of my dresser not being used) but it had an ugly yellow matte. So I had a little brain storm, that I would use some of my left over fabric from the 'office redo' and just cover the matte with it and a little glue gun. It seriously took me 8 minutes. I think it looks great and totally matches the office now. She was very flattered with the image on the wall!!



I finished the bead board wall paper yesterday....now on to caulking and painting. Should have some new 'afters' soon.










This is just a cute one from yesterday. Avery was 'teaching' ballet class to Grace. Too cute.




I will show this picture to them when they are teenagers and fighting over their jeans.....

6 comments:

Mama Nirvana said...

Holly, I am just now working on silhouette portraits with fabric borders of the boys. I love yours! The picture is so cute. Almost makes me wish I had a girl :)

Amy

Lowdens said...

Love it!

Hansens said...

Great idea.

Kiran said...

Make me one please...

Danielle said...

What a fabulous idea!!!!! I might have to steal that :)

Tabitha said...

What a fabulous idea!!!! I love silouettes!