Jake turned 8 this last week. And yes, 8 is GREAT. Why wouldn't it be great, you get 3 parties, get to see Grandparents, Cousins, friends, get to go to Enchanted Forrest, and get tickets to a Blazer Game.
He did all of this while on Spring Break....I swear he probably thinks this break from school was designed just for his celebration. And what a great way to think.
A token picture of the Family when the Gaunt Grandparents came over to celebrate.
I love Grace's look on her face. And to be truthful, this is where she is most of the day....on my side. Brian refers to her as "my shadow".
Cupcakes with Easter Eggs on them.
Gaynea Patsy and the Girls.
The Present from his Mom and Dad. Blazer Tickets! Blazers vs Mavericks. (Blazers Won)
We celebrated Jake and Cousin Auri's B-day up at my Parents.
The dirt bike cake Gaynea Shirli made:
Poppa and Max (with his new hair cut)
Grace and Poppa. I love Grace's pom-pom hair accessories.
Jake is eating his four layer piece of cake. Thankfully it was NOT all finished!
Warren wrote Jake a letter telling him he was the best Cousin ever. I thought it was touching.
Jake cleaned up with new Star Wars guys!
Counting his one dollar bills from Poppa. Poppa told him about six months ago that he would match all the money that Jake saved. Jake has seriously not spent one dime since that was said. I think he has almost 70$ saved up now.
The girls playing on Auri's new kitchen set.
Jake and Zach on the log ride.

Kelvin and Jake:

Kelvin and Jake:
Finally, The Blazer game......
And not surprising, the camera battery was low and this is the only picture taken :(
I love this Boy. I can't believe he has been under my care for 8 years.
He is fast, he is smart, he is caring, he is sensitive, he is sarcastic, he is a good dancer, he is learning to play the piano, he likes to make people laugh, he likes to listen to my music loud in the car.
I am starting to see glimmers of what he will look like as a young man. And it excites me and pains me at the same time.
Happy Birthday Jake!!!
4 comments:
Oh my goodness! He's 8! Jake is such a handsome kid. What a sweet post. And he really did score... sounds like you celebrated his b-day for a week! Happy Birthday Jake! Great pics! Can't believe how big Warren & Max are too!
Happy Birthday Jake! Thanks for sharing Holly! :)
You have a beautiful family!
Thanks for the comment on my blog!
XOXO
Jen
what a good looking family!!!
Post a Comment